Thursday, March 3, 2011

2011 Kindergarten Basketball Champions!

This past weekend Connor played in the 2nd weekend of his basketball tournament.  Friday night we played and won 7-5 in overtime.  It was quite exciting!  Since we were in the winners bracket we would have had to be beaten twice.  We ended up playing the same team again on Saturday afternoon for the Championship.  The Oakdale Rockets (Connor's team) won 8-0!  The kids played great!  Connor had 2 points to go along with several steals and rebounds.
The team with "Coach K".  :)  Kenton did a great job coaching this team!  He has so much more patience than I would have ever even thought about having with these kids.    Sorry the pics are not the greatest of quaility... they are from my cell phone.  I forgot my camera (I had it all charged and ready; but left it on the counter).
Connor getting his medal and trophy.  Hi-Five! 
 Buds Connor and Reed.  Reed lives right behind us.  Our backyards back up to each other so we do alot of hoping over the fence to play.  :)
 Look at these handsome dudes!  Connor is sporting a new "faux-hawk".  We have had to grow his hair out so that it will look "cool".  Luckily for Connor, I found some styling glue; yes.. that's what it's called, to hold his "mind of it's own Burrows hair". 
Connor had such a GREAT time playing basketball this year!  He loved every minute of it! Well, excpet when he fouled out in one game and then when his dad had to sit him during each half for a couple of minutes to let the other kids play.  I thought the first couple of games there were going to be some tears for having to sit and rest but he pulled through! 
Now, it's on to soccer!  All the same kids on his bball team are playing soccer so that should make it much more fun for him to play with his friends (and me b/c I know the other moms!)

1 comment:

Connie Burrows said...

Go champs! Cute hair do!