Monday, February 1, 2010

Eichen's... FINALLY

A couple of weeks ago for Kenton's brothers birthday we went to Eichen's. It is very simple food - fried chicken and fried okra. The place has been featured on Food Network's "Diner, Drive-In's and Dive's". The wait is CRAZY! They don't have a hostess to seat anyone - you just stalk out your table and wait. We ordered our chicken while we were waiting for our table, that we waited for (standing up) for 2 HOURS. The chicken was excellent and even the okra was pretty good. I mean, it's fried and I dipped it in ranch - what's not to like?

2 comments:

Jacki's travels said...

Sounds like a fun place to go. I am assuming you didn't take the kids if you had to wait 2 hours for a table though :) And if you did take them, how did that go?

Heidi said...

You are correct, we did not take the kiddos... I thought it would be more enjoyable for Kenton and I if we didn't have to wrestle with Ashley. Connor would have had a hard time waiting though too - especially since there was no place to sit down.