Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Parents Only Vacation!!

This past week Kenton & I left the kids in Papa and Grandma Owens capable hands and took off on a cruise to the Bahamas and Key West. Monday we flew to Miami, FL and boarded our ship, Majesty of the Seas by Royal Carribean. Tuesday was Nassau, Bahamas; Wednesday was CocoCay, Bahamas and Thursday was Key West. We really had a great time and the food was excellent. I was not really ready to come back home to cooking for myself and cleaning up after myself!

Kenton & I in Key West.
Kenton on the ship overlooking Key West.

Heidi on the ship overlooking a different view of Key West.
Both of us at dinner on the ship for formal night.


This was at Nassau, Bahamas.. we took an excursion to this beach island called Blackbeards Cay. This is on the way in the little boat.





I think that this was our first night for dinner...




We had such a fabulous time; but we were really ready to get home and go pick up our kiddos. We were going to leave Saturday morning to go pick up Connor and Ashley from Papa and Grandma's house but NW Oklahoma had a really bad snowstorm. It snowed 28 inches in Laverne (the most in the state) and the roads were all closed up to Laverne. We waited and left on Sunday morning and the roads had been cleared off and we made it there and back safely.


3 comments:

Jacki's travels said...

It looks like you had a great time on your cruise. Good time of year for it too when the cold weather is getting so old.

Sitton said...

That sounds like a WONDERFUL vacation to me! I guess you went at a good time to miss some major snow. I like your hair short like that Heidi.

Nika said...

You guys look great. I can only imagine how great it must have been to take that relaxing vaccation!